Monday, October 4, 2010

Incredible Acts of Chutzpah & Kindness N°8

It is now September/Tishri, and the summer is finished and the holidays of Tishri -for those following them - are finished.

I have been caught up in a sticky situation that does not let me rest for long, so I do appologize for those who faithfully read me or inquire after me on Facebook.

As always, I have learned many things from what I've been going through. I've learned that the gypsies are really not bad people and I don't understand why they were deported. Out of all the people of Grenoble, only the Gypsies ever welcomed me to this town where I never wanted to come to in the first place.

I learned, or rather learned, that racism does not only extend to black vs. white, or hispanic vs. white or arab vs. european. Racism and Xenophobia is a serious problem and this won't be solved over night.

I learned the necessity of being nice to people and to put on a plastic face. Hipocracy is a sad fact of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment